Tuesday, April 24, 2012

APRIL 2012

Last Friday my little munchkin had his 4 month appointment with Dr. Pardey.  We are holding off on 4 mo immunization shots until Daddy returns from his trip to Lana'i.  (Lucky for Vess...at least for now).


Vess at 4 months still adores his big sis, Gloria.  She can bring a smile to her little bro's face at anytime much to the relief of her parents.  Vess loves to be sang to.  One of his faves right now, due to Gloria, is The Ants Go Marching song.  He could be grumpy at the beginning of the song but by the time the song ends, he's one happy camper.  When he's in his car seat and/or rocker/sleeper, I have to make sure he's buckled in because he likes to think he can sit up & always leans forward.  He loves to talk especially to his Daddy and big sis.  He loves lullabies and classical music (YES!!) and loves to fall asleep to this music too, most of the time.  He loves to watch Mama practice her Zumba and Hot Hula fitness dance routines and sometimes laughs at her.  He loves music just as much as his parents.  

Vess has already started teething.  BIG SAD FACE!!  He has been very fussy because of being in pain due to teething.  I can already feel his bottom front tooth and his gums are swollen.  Vess continues to highly dislike bottles and pacifiers.  Instead of taking to his teethers, he prefers to bite the crap out of Daddy's fingers (Daddy is a willing participant) and anything else that is put into his mouth.  He loves to bite, gnaw and slobber on his own fingers too.  He has discovered his toes and (while breathing very hard when reaching for his toes) loves playing with them.  He reaches for his toys now (yay!!) and is spending more time on his tummy without screaming bloody murder within the first few minutes (ahhh).  

Vess is so chill.  He's such a good baby.  Looking at Gloria I still can't believe she is going to be 8 years old next month.  Because of that, I cherish every moment with little Vess because I know he won't be little for very long.  Speaking of that, here's his measurements:

Weight: 18.1 pounds (93%)
Length: 27.5 inches (98%)
Head circum: 16.9 (65%)

Vess currently wears 9 months clothing comfortably.  WOW!!  My boy is such a chunky monkey and I love it.  It won't be long before he's into 12 months clothing and he is only 4 MONTHS!!  Sheesh...



Now about my darling little G...



This is Glo's school pic.  She picked the background, her outfit, everything.  She's a pretty independent little gal and loves it.  Only sometimes do I get the privilege of fixing her hair.  I still can't believe she is turning 8 next month.  WTH?!?  These years have just flown by.  Look at her?!?  My baby girl is growing up...dayum.

She may look like her Daddy but her personality is mostly all me.  Drama queen, attitude for days when you tick her off, pretends to ignore you when she knows very well she can hear you..what?  Sorry Mom didn't hear you.  Pshh...haha.  Mum sure was right when she told me I'd have a kid just like me and I'd feel her pain of all I put her through.  Awoi!!  That ain't no lie LOL.  Nbfr my family, my life, my everything =D

As a 2nd grader, she has a lot going on.  Her bff's consist of both boys and girls.  Not surprised, just like her mama, most of her bff's are boys but her true bff's...her cousins.  (She always talks about how much she misses Carter and the rest of her out of state cousins).  She may dress like a girl  but she can roll with the boys and all their rough housing thanks to her Daddy and Uncle Jared.  She still loves the color pink, anything girly, anything that's sparkly and (ugh) Princesses.  She loves all her cousins and gets ticked, I mean sad when Greg & I tell her that she can't play with her cousins every day.  Despite her little diva temper at times, her thoughtfulness and love trump any of her Bad Attitude II temper tantrums.  She's doing very well in her class and her teacher can't say enough of how much she adores our little girl.  Not bragging...true story.  Okay...true story and bragging.  She told us to have more kids.  

Gloria is currently taking a Samoan language class every Saturday.  Both her and Mama are learning their language and more about their culture.  Last night Gloria asked if she was everything.  I told her to me and Daddy she is but that's not what she meant.  She said that since she's Danish, German, Samoan, Irish and Scottish that's she's everything right?  I told her no and showed her a map of the world.  I guess this was a discussion amongst her and her friends.  Where they are from and who they are.  She laughed when I told her she can't be everything considering we're not Asians, Africans, etc.  Kids are too funny.  This one definitely keeps me on my toes.  I don't know how many times I've had to google things just to give her an answer to her question.  :-S





No comments:

Post a Comment